Tuesday 28 July 2009

Well here we go.


The adventure begins. Who was it who said, "The best laid plans of mice and men...." Well, as I said yesterday,I had put all my stuff in the hallway ready to load into the trailer this morning to get an early start. As the Meerkat on tv says "Simplz" You'd think so wouldn't you. So how come I managed to leave my plates, cups,knives, forks, can opener and pots and pans behind. Didn't realise until half way through Hove, bombing along the seafront like easy rider. Weather nice and sunny but very breezy down there. Nearly lost the nice cap that TGA, the makers of my buggy gave me. Just caught it in time. So, followed the seafront cycly lane until it turned inland to skirt the Shoreham harbour. Noticed that the batteries were running down a bit, and my mobile phone was also dying so stopped off at the only place I could find. Macdonalds, to have a coffee or two and a mint choc chip macflurry. Don't know if you've ever tried one but it really surprised me. Very tasty but unfortunately gave me brain freeze. lol Thank god for hot coffee. The manager there was most helpful, allowing me to park the buggy and running a long extension lead out to me so I could top the batteries up. Many thanks.
I then proceeded to Worthing and Littlehampton without further problems. Called TGA and they are meeting me at my campsite in the morning to check and if required replace my batteries beforethe next leg. Had another break in Littlehampton and then armed with a new camp cooking set and good local directions from a young police community support officerm set off for the campsite in Ford. What a lovely site. Very quiet apart from the birds. Just wish I could identify their calls. Helen, the campsite owner couldn't have been more charming and helpful. Wouldn't let me lift a finger, and with the help of my camp site next door neighbour Dave and his wife had my tent pitched in no time. Now relaxing having had a quick chicken curry. probably have an early night tonight. 6 hours driving a buggy on a route you don't know can be a bit wearing. So I will wish you all a very good night as I settle down on my nice plunchy air bed for a well earned, I hope, good night's sleep. Bless you all. Adrian.

1 comment:

  1. wwhhoooooo!!! Great to hear the first day went so well. Hope the rest of the trip continues to be just as fun....

    On the road easy rider lol!!!

    Love Han xx

    ReplyDelete