Saturday 1 August 2009

Wet Saturday in the tent

Oh what a change from yesterday. Instead of the clear blue sky and little scudding clouds the day dawned to a grey, all over blanket of cloud. At first, Mother Nature teased me with little showers lasting no more than a couple of minutes. Very light and no problem. I thought. Ok. I'll get out to the Quarr Abbey. Not far away and plenty of shelter if needs be. However, Mother Nature had other ideas and the showers got longer and more frequent until, by the time I'd cooked and eaten my bacpon and egg, and downed my 3rd cup of coffee of the day,a continuous drizzle had set in. You know the sort of thing. not heavy but jf you're out in it, it just seems to soak you thoroughly in no time at all. So quick change of plans reqwuired. My tent is great. Warm dry and cozy with a good amount of room. But it would be even better if I could organise things a bit better. So that is how I have spent my day. Setting up the sleeping area, a food storage space, cooking space, clothes area etc. Now have loads of room. Just wish it was en-suite lol. Only 20 yards to the "facilities" but not good in the middle of the night or in the rain or both. So nothing else really to report. Weather forcasr better for tomorrow, and next week looking good. By the way, Having suffered the crowds of race goers going to Goodwood races the other day, now I discover this week is Cowes week. Lots of "Grotty Yachties" as they call them over here. All yellow wellies and Pimms.lol. So Bye for now. See you all tomorrow. By the way, if anyone reading this happens to be on the Island and fancies popping by the tent, e-mail me and I'll give you direction. I can promise a nice hot cuppa at least.

1 comment: